The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic Learning (ODeL) University in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the above vacant positions that have arisen at the Zimbabwe Open University.
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Deputy Registrar, Academic Registry (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining appropriate University rules and regulations on student admissions, registrations and assessment;
- Planning, implementing and evaluating admissions, registration and examinations;
- Preparing and managing budget for the processes and procedures of the Unit.
- Overseeing the running of all academic ceremonies of the University;
- Offering professional advice and guidance to the University on issues pertaining to student administration;
- Initiating and acting as the custodian of all academic regulations;
- Initiating and implementing policies and procedures for student records management;
- Ensuring the proper functioning of the University’s Academic Committees;
- Assisting the Registrar in initiating and reviewing policies pertaining to students’ administration;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Registrar.
Qualifications And Experience
- Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Management, Business Administration or related fields;
- Have knowledge of the operations of University Academic Committees;
- Five (5) years post qualification experience, preferably in the Registry Department of a University;
- Experience in working in an Open and Distance learning institution will be an added advantage;
- Have excellent communication skills; and
- Be able to work under little or no supervision.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows:
- in PDF format as a single document to: email@example.com
- as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
Please note that, posts 1, 2 & 3 are a re-advertisement. Those who applied previously need not re-apply as they shall be considered. However, they can update their applications if they so wish.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to
Cnr. Machel Ave and L. Takawira St.
NB: Applications should be received not later than 14 August 2022.