Reporting to the Director - Occupational Safety and Health, the successful candidate will be based in Bulawayo, and will develop, formulate, design, coordinate and implement enforcement of OSH legislation, OSH promotion, occupational hygiene and operational research strategies, policies and programmes.
- Develop and implement OSH legislation enforcement strategy and operational plans.
- Direct conducting of comprehensive and effective occupational hygiene and ergonomic evaluations Develop and implement OSH promotional programmes and activities to secure a culture of prevention.
- Development and implementation of OSH legislation and standards and create a platform for discussion among the social partners Set operational policy and advise field operational staff on inspections for each sector.
- Conduct operational research to inform targeted OSH preventive programmes Institute and direct implementation of occupational safety and health management systems (OSHMS).
- Monitor departmental operational processes against set objectives and targets Develop and implement the Safety and Health at Work (SHAW) scientific program
- Ensure the publication of the On Guard - An Aid to OSH Identify and maintain partnerships and collaborations with like institutions to assist in strengthening the OSH system.
- Prepare, control, defend and review budgetary provisions for the proper and effective running of departmental operations.
- A BSc degree in OSH, Occupational hygiene, natural sciences (Chemistry and Biology etc), engineering, environmental sciences or equivalent.
- MSc in OSH or equivalent or related field is essential.
- 7 years industrial experience dealing with OSH legislation and its enforcement, occupational hygiene, and environmental sciences/health, public health focussing on such issues as chemical, physical, biological, ergonomics/mechanical hazardous exposures in diverse industrial sectors.
Key Competencies and Characteristics
- Sound understanding and interpretation of OSH legislation and standards, policies and OSH international instruments.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Understanding developing OSH strategy
- Good understanding and application of research methods.
- Excellent communication skills Excellent presentation skills at conferences workshops and seminars.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy.
How To Apply
Those interested in pursuing this opportunity should either hand deliver their applications with CV's and certified copies of professional qualifications to;
Corner Sam Nujoma (2nd Street)/Selous Avenue, Harare.
or, alternatively post their applications to;
The Deputy Director- Human Resources
National Social Security Authority
P.O. Box CY 1387
OR Email email@example.com