KEY RESULT AREAS/JOB SUMMARY
Provide technical assistance to MoHCC construction projects from planning, designing, procurement, contracting implementation, supervision and monitoring in construction with Ministry of Local Government and Public Works
POST I: Deputy Director -Construction
REPORTS TO: Director Infrastructure Planning and Development
GRADE: E5 (1)
STATION: Ministry of Health and Child Care-Head Office
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise on the national legal requirements and procedures and procedures, international standards applicable to construction and engineering works.
- Ensure that there is effective supervision, monitoring, implementation and certification of the projects are completed in a timely manner and with the budget as per Global fund/UNDP guidelines.
- Ensure that there are effective quality control measures in place for the implementation and monitoring of the projects and that the contractors comply with all the technical specifications and Global Fund/UNDP requirements.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the performance of the contractors working on various work packages by measuring, assessing and appraising the works.
- Ensure that all technical inputs and cost estimates of tasks of construction projects and budgets are accurate and provided in a timely manner.
- Support the Procurement and Supply Manager in all tender processes for the procurement of contractors and professional consultancy services including development of terms of reference (TORs), participating in evaluation and responding to bidder and procurement approving authority queries.
- Identify and manage risks and ensure that timely corrective actions are undertaken to ensure maximum benefit to the client and other stakeholders.
- Work with all relevant stakeholders including but not limited to Ministries of Local Government and Public /works and National Housing, Rural District Councils, Municipal Authorities, National AIDS Council (NAC), MCAZ, and NatPham to ensure that all projects are delivered in time and are in compliance with national regulations and rules.
Qualifications And Experience
An experienced Civil Engineer with more than 5 years’ experience in the construction industry preferably at supervisory or management level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- A postgraduate qualification in Civil Engineering is an added advantage.
- Diploma/degree in project management is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements of the post s are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 18 March 2022 to:
The Executive Director
Health Service Board
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
Bag A6104 Avondale, Harare
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: ONLY DOCUMENTS ( SCAN CV AND CERTIFICATES IN A SINGLE PDF FILE INCLUDE COVER LETTER ) SUBMITTED IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.