The University of Zimbabwe is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the post of Deputy Director in the Directorate of Agribusiness & Continuing Education. The directorate, which is under the Faculty of Agriculture, Environment & Food Systems is responsible for the running of all the activities at the University of Zimbabwe Agro-Industrial Park as well as coordinating practical agricultural education for university students and the farming community at large. The Deputy Director will assist and report to the Director and the Board of Management of the UZ Agro-Industrial Park.
Duties And Responsibilities
The incumbent will be required to carry out, among others, the following duties and
- To assist in the designing and implementation of a long term strategy for the
- development of the Agro-Industrial Park.
- Supervision of the farming program/s at the Agro-Industrial Park.
- Develop and implement strategy for practical education for university students.
- Coordinate on farm research and demonstrations.
- Organize and implement continuing education courses and events on the farm for
- the benefit of the farming community in the nation.
- Liaise with University faculties and departments on the practical training of
- university students as well as on farm research and demonstrations by faculties.
- Actively seek new techniques of and implement value addition of agricultural
- produce from the farm.
- Organize open days and public expos to showcase new farming technologies
- developed by the University or its partners.
- Prepare periodic financial and management reports for the Board of Management
- and the Board of Trustees.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
Qualifications And Experience
- The position of Deputy Director is a senior position and the ideal candidate must be a hands on and results oriented individual who is willing to grow in the position.
- He/she must be in possession of a relevant post graduate degree in agriculture or agribusiness.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.