Deadline: Rolling basis
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
- The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people.
- Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development.
- But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change.
- For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting.
- Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty.
- The results are amazing...when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach.
- Communities and even whole countries are better off.
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) anticipates funding the five-year Support for Commercializing Non-timber Forest Products (NTFPs) activity in Zimbabwe.
- The NTFP activity aims to commercialize non-timber forest products in Zimbabwe in order to improve the resilience of vulnerable and marginalized communities (particularly women and youth) through increased incomes and strengthened environmental stewardship.
Objectives of the activity include:
- Increased production and supply of non-timber forest products to meet domestic and international market demands
- Increased investments by local, regional and international marketers in the communities and on infrastructure that will ensure supply of quality products that meet international standards
- and Improved natural resource management and sustainable forest management practices that promote biodiversity and reduce human-wildlife conflict.
Duties And Responsibilities
Primary functions & responsibilities
- Support the COP in overall management of program operations, ensuring overall monitoring of the project against milestones and work-plans and implementing course corrections as needed
- Monitor and follow up on critical management and planning issues to ensure effective and timely project execution
- Manage review and finalization of internal and external project documents, including donor deliverables, presentation decks, studies and technical reports
- In collaboration with the COP and relevant project staff, support budget tracking, contract modifications, deliverable tracking against budget, and administrative follow-up
- Support recruitment and contracting of long- and short-term staff and consultants as needed
- Plan, organize and participate in project meetings, workshops, seminars and stakeholder events
- In collaboration with the COP, ensure that programming execution meets TechnoServe quality standards; Assist COP with other strategic and operational tasks as required by the project.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in international relations, economics, business, or other relevant area, and at least 10 years of experience in relevant private sector or development programs
- Or a Master's degree with at least seven years of relevant experience
- Strong project management and analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate demand and manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and diplomatically in a multicultural environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software knowledge.