The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) is an independent electoral management body [EMB] established in terms of Section 238 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe. Its major functions are to manage and conduct elections to the offices of the President, Parliament and local authorities, and referendums, and all related electoral processes in accordance with the laws of Zimbabwe and also following international best practice.
The Commission wishes to recruit professionals of high integrity with good communication and decision making skills, and sound knowledge of electoral democracy in a gender and inclusive manner to fill the following posts which have arisen in the institution:-
REPORTING TO : The Chief Elections Officer (CEO) (Grade 1)
Job Description Summary:
Guided by the law and the policy direction of the Commission, the DCEO-Operations is responsible for:
- Providing leadership in organization, electin logistics, voter registration and delimitation, and polling processes and conflict resolution;
- Leading the digital transformation of ZEC
- Attaining and maintaining ISO 54003/4 certification as a service quality standard/measure
- Strategizing and coordinating the conduct of all referendums and elections to the offices stipulated in the law in a gender sensitive and inclusive manner
- Planning, coordinating and directing all electoral activities in accordance with the electoral cycle
- Effective and efficient utilization of resources for the attainment of the Commission vision and mission.
- Coordinating swift implementation of all decisions of the Commission
- Driving a high-performance culture and viable business intelligence systems; e Continuous quality improvements in the conduct of elections and referendums; and
- Facilitating the Commission to discharge its Constitutional mandate.
- A techno-savvy professional par excellence;
- Astrategicthinkerand decision maker;
- An effective communicator - both orally and in written form;
- A functional expert in any one of the following fields
- Logistics, Information technology, land survey and mapping, project management and operations research;
- GIS is an added advantage;
- A visionary leader of impeccable integrity and presence
- Ability to establish and implement effective operational systems and 'processes:
A degree in any of the following:
- Social Sciences, Law, Information Technology, Operations Research, Project management, GIS or any other relevant field.
- A relevant Master's Degree or a doctorate is a must
- Proven neat track record of achievement, delivery and performance
- Knowledge of elections is an added advantage
- At least 10 years' experience in a managerial position.
- Possession of a clean drivers' license
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons must apply in writing, attaching their detailed and updated curriculum vitae and certified copies of their qualifications. Suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply. Send applications to:
Postal/ Physical Address
The Chief Elections Officer
Zimbabwe Electoral Commission
Mahachi Quantum Building
1 Nelson Mandela [Corner Kaguvi Street/Jason Moyo Avenue]
P. Bag. 7782 Causeway
The above post is at Head Office in Harare. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews. The remuneration package will be revealed during the interviews. The closing date for receipt of applications is 3 April 2022.