The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Managing the financial affairs of the institution including cashflow
- Implementation of sound accounting policy and procedures
- Ensuring compliance and adherences to laws, financial regulations and procedures
- Developing and managing annual budgets and performance targets for the University
- Administration of students system, students accounts and sound cash collection methods
- Supervision and management of staff and have and safeguarding asset and;implementing a sound recording system
- Preparation of periodic and annual audited financial statements
- Proving information and access to accounting records as required by External Auditors
- Management of departmental Information System
- Liaison with External Auditors
Qualifications And Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent plus six (6) years’ post qualification experience and a first degree in accounting
- Should have six (6) years’ experience at senior managerial level in either public or commercial sector
- Should be able to manage the financial affairs of the University by producing management reports
- Membership from a professional institution is a pre-requisite
- Knowledge of a computerised accounting systems or packages
- Should have a sound knowledge of International Accounting Standards and IFRS.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: email@example.com.
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.