The job holder is charged with the responsibility of providing demographic and vital statistics in the division.
Reporting to: Director Demography and Social Statistics
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing a comprehensive departmental work plan in line with the divisions' annual plan and manage its implementation
- Planning, budgeting, monitoring and coordination all activities in the department
- Designing data collection instruments and manuals for censuses and surveys.
- Coordinating and supervising data collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of results
- Compiling census, surveys and vital statistics reports
- Drafting and updating techno-scripts and manuals on methodology relating to censuses and surveys
- Providing statistics or information to contribute in national programmes and projects
- Staff mentoring, supervision and performance appraisals
Qualifications and Attributes
- Degree in Statistics or Mathematics.
- A Master's Degree in Demography, Statistics or equivalent qualification is a must.
- Have at least 5 years working experience as a statistician.
- Excellent computer skills including use of Statistical packages and Microsoft Office
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Must be a good team leader
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications, clearly stating the position they are applying for to:
The Director Human Resource
Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency(ZIMSTAT)
18th Floor, Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY 342 Causeway, Harare
apply on email: email@example.com