Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Database Administrator which has arisen within Technology Services Department
- To install, configure, migrate, monitor performance, configure security, troubleshooting, recover data and back up database systems online with set performance standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Setting up Operating Systems environments for Database, Installations and configuring relevant Databases and network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Developing the Automation of Databases Backup Procedures, processes and submitting them to the enterprise Data Architect for approval.
- Conducting research and making recommendations on new database products
- Participating in architecture design of system databases for all database systems and checking, verifying signs off for all backups on a daily basis and taking corrective action.
- Administers Database user accounts and assigns privileges according to user duties in line with user access matrix
- Optimizing and configuring Databases to meet required performance
- Preparing the Database capacity plan monthly and submitting to the Enterprise Data Architect Manager.
- Testing and installing database patches to production environments in line with patch management and change management policies.
- Running Database maintenance activities on a monthly basis to meet agreed system performance KPIs
- Participating in setting up database security controls in conduction with Technology Security and Governance manager.
- Producing daily databases healthy status Reports and submits to EnterpriseData Architect
- Configuring Audit trail on databases and submitting a monthly report to Enterprise Data Architect
- Collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends in capacity usage.
- Testing databases backups and recovery procedures adhering to policy
- Verifying daily databases backups and disaster recovery site system availability.
- Monitors DR databases to guarantee replication and participating in business continuity planning, testing and evaluation
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- First Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent
- Professional Certification on Oracle Database Management Systems is required.
- Professional Certification on Servers, Storage and Operating Systems such as Linux, Windows, Sun Solaris is an added advantage
- Professional Certification on SQL, DB2,MySQL, non-relational databases is an added advantages
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to email@example.com with the title, Database Administrator clearly written in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for all applications is 21st February 2022.