The main purpose of the job is to deploy and enforce policies and procedures that ensure data is used and maintained properly within the organisation. This is in order to ensure that data is managed, secure, accurate, audited, and documented (in terms of where and what data the organization holds).
- Sets up and maintain a data governance framework to allow the formal management of data assets.
- Oversees the progressive implementation of data governance framework, ensuring all principles are clearly defined, communicated, and well understood and are part of all operations
- Defines data quality metrics for the various systems within the organisation with the collaboration of the data architects, data engineers and data analyst.
- Audits data projects to ensure they follow the data governance framework.
- Works closely with business and operational areas to improve quality of data and maximise data monetization potential of data assets.
- Supports and supervises the work of data stewards in ensuring data quality is measured and monitored daily in all enterprise systems.
- Develops and maintains an inventory of the enterprise information including architecture diagrams, data inventory catalogue and other artefacts.Lead cross-functional teams to solve data disputes between departments and ensuring a common understanding of business rules and definitions.
- Provide reports on operational areas of data governance adherence. (Data quality, retention, security)
- Enforces compliance with the Data Governance Policy.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- 6 O Levels Including Mathematics, Science and English.
- 2 A Level passesDegree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, ICT, or equivalent.
- Project management certification, such as PRINCE2, PMP, plus knowledge of agile methodologies will be an added advantage.
- Appreciation of local, regional, and internal data laws is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of telecommunications data architecture framework
- Minimum of three(3) years in an analytics environment or equivalent.
How To Apply
Please note only short listed applicants will be responded to