Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the positions of DATA CENTRE ENGINEER which have arisen within the Judicial Service Commission. The Commission is a dynamic organization that comprises of competent and professional staff. The incumbent will be stationed at the Judicial Service Commission-Secretariat.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
The Data Centre Engineer will assist the Head of IT and Records Management to:
- Monitor and perform on-going maintenance on servers and network equipment
- Provide IT support to staff and stakeholders, as well as responding to the server and network issues;
- Protect company data and maintain electrical/power(UPS), cooling systems, switches, servers, firewalls, and hard drives
- Installation, configure and maintaining of Windows server/Linux OS and running hardware diagnostics, replacing failing parts in a timely manner
- Monitor all network processes to ensure the smooth flow of data across the network;
- Collaborate with software and network engineering teams on cybersecurity and network efficiency
- Involve in site selection, reference design - redesigning, migration and upgrading facilities and internal system components, including CPUs, memory, hard drives, and network cables;
- Document processes and keeping event logs
- Advise on the procurement of new data centre equipment and integration of various technologies
- Keep track of developing trends in data centre technologies.
Competence And Skills For The Post
The person must possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
- 3 years of experience as a data centre engineer, or similar
- In-depth knowledge of data centre environments, servers, and network equipment;
- Extensive experience in installing, monitoring, and maintaining data centre hardware components and Windows Server/Linux OS
- Exceptional ability to work as part of a team, provide IT support, and resolve errors;
- An ability to keep up with advancements in data centre infrastructure and technologies
- Proficiency in documenting network processes.
- CompTlAServer Plus, CompTIA, CCNAor CCNP certification would be added advantage
- Awillingness to respond to network and server errors after hours.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitaes and certified copies of certificates to The Secretary to the Judicial Service Commission, JSC House, No.161 Josiah Chinamano Avenue, Corner Josiah Chinamano Avenue and Seventh Street, Harare or alternatively post to
The Secretary to the Judicial Service Commission
P.O. Box CY 28
Deadline for submission of applications is close of business on Friday, 25 March, 2022.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONTACTED.