To ensure the smooth running of the British Council’s Exams and Customer Services operations in Zimbabwe by delivering high-quality customer service and sales targets in line with corporate standards and policies.
The post holder will act as British Council’s ambassador to provide a seamless customer experience to all relevant stakeholders, handle enquiries about British Council Exams Services and meet agreed targets, objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Duties And Responsibilities
- The post-holder will Provide a consistent and positive customer experience in line with the British Council’s Customer Service Strategy and relevant corporate standards and polices
- Handle first-level enquiries received in person, by email or telephone on relevant aspects of the British Council’s activities / products, in a friendly and professional manner, in line with Customer Service standards, and forward all 2nd level enquiries to relevant colleagues, ensuring they are attended to within specified timelines
- You will build rapport with prospective customers to gain understanding and information to respond to their specific needs and requirements
- You will also be the single point of contact for assigned opportunities, guiding them through the journey from first enquiry to final sale
- In addition, you will maintain efficient and up to date scheduling of rooms for both internal and external customers.
- And supervise the use of all digital systems related to facilities booking.
- Ensure a courteous and efficient first point of contact for external customers visiting Accra office/country with customer expectations exceeded.
- Support the delivery of examination services / products through leading on contact, registration and pay and post-test activities to defined quality standards, in order to meet customer needs and support the delivery of the in-country Examinations Business Development Plan
- Coordinate with other Exams team members on an ongoing basis to ensure a seamless customer journey. This includes timely escalation of unresolved complaints to the concerned teams.
- Manage social media inquiries and complaints in an effective and brand-appropriate manner to create in order to create a better customer experience.
- Collect and report money collected from customers for exam services daily according to FCCF and audit requirements, through cash desks and by issuing receipts for all income received, reconciliation and, processing refunds. Cash desks must be balanced and closed accurately with actual received income
Qualifications And Experience
- Higher Diploma and/or equivalent professional experience
- Comprehensive, proven experience as a customer service and sales executive
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques.
- Fast learner and passion for customer service and sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Customer Service Professional Qualification
- Relevant qualification or training undertaken in Sales.
- Marketing and Communications experience
- Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus