The CoV-Fab nurse will provide actual COVID-19 vaccination services for the vaccination campaign that will be supported by ZACH in the three districts of Mutoko, UMP and Chikomba Districts of Mashonaland East Province towards achieving 70% vaccination coverage. The CoV-Fab nurse will work under the guidance of the MoHCC technical supervisor at facility level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Protocol and adhere to all health and safety procedures to ensure safety of staff and clients
- Determine clinical suitability for COVID-19 vaccination, including identifying any contraindications
- Assess the client’s readiness for vaccination. Address any concerns, conduct clinical assessment, and obtain consent for vaccination.
- Management of Vaccine and Cold Chain through proper vaccine storage under specified temperatures. Assist with monitoring and recording of refrigerator temperatures.
- Ensure cold chain equipment e.g., cold boxes are in good working order before setting up a vaccination station.
- Check vaccine before administration and report any concerns to the Nurse-in-charge and cross-check that vaccine batch numbers are recorded under the correct client.
- Administration of the vaccine to consented and assessed individuals.
- Proper waste disposal as per Waste Management Policy.
- Provide appropriate emergency management of Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFIs).
- Estimate daily vaccine requirements before removing vaccines required from the main storage EPI fridge.
- Mobilization for Vaccination; Work with health promotion unit, facility Nurse-in-Charge, facility nurses, and Community Health Workers to mobilize clients within health facilities and community for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Recording and Reporting; Document vaccination details in client’s records. Use an electronic and paper-based patient recording system.
- Submit accurate and timely activity data as required.
- Record, monitor and report Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFIs). Submit weekly and monthly activity reports
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma/Degree or relevant Nursing qualification, RGN or PCN.
- Registration with Nurses Council of Zimbabwe.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience.
- EPI program experience or experience in offering vaccination or outreach services, and experience providing COVID-19 vaccination are added advantages.
- Candidates based in locations applied for will be given first preference.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send through ZACH website, all certified copies of academic and professional certificates, National Identity card/certificate, CV and a motivational letter clearly highlighting the position applied for to: firstname.lastname@example.org