International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance. International Medical Corps began its operation in Zimbabwe in 2009 in response to the cholera outbreak and since, we have delivered quality health services, nutrition and food-security programs, and have reduced the spread of waterborne diseases by increasing access to clean water and improving hygiene practices. International Medical Corps’ Zimbabwe mission has recently provided Nutrition, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and maternal and child health support and preparedness capacity-building. Operations have been centralized in Matabeleland North and Matabeleland South provinces and there are plans to expand programmatic coverage to Masvingo Province. International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to the International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
The Manager Logistics is leading and is responsible for the overall country Logistics & Supply Chain department performance, with a primary focus on timely planning, acquisition, safe storage and delivery of project supplies, equipment and services in support to International Medical Corps operations. S/He will be working in close coordination with Country Management and program teams, and in compliance with International Medical Corps, host country and donors' procedures, rules and regulations. The Manager Logistics provides technical support to the country logistics team. S/He keepsclose contact with the Regional Logistics team (and global team when required) for guidance, technical support and reporting. S/He is accountable for the quality of the logistics monthly and quarterly reporting process and is in charge of the analysis of country logistics data to identify opportunities for enhancement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the logistics and supply chain department. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Coordination and representation Manages the country logistics and procurement activities including emergency response, where applicable.
- Provides technical oversight, input, direction and supervision to Logistics & Supply Chain staff to ensure effective and timely support to projects implementation;
- Responsible for management of Procurement, warehousing, stock, transport, fleet, assets, GIK reporting, etc. in line with applicable policies, procedures, SOPs and guidelines;
- Responsible for initial Logistics and Supply Chain assessment and continuous reassessing of the operational context including infrastructure, access routes for the country mission. Ensures optimal resource planning based on assessment;
- Liaise closely with the Security focal point on risks affecting logistics and supply chain and related mitigation measures.
- Ensure the application of, and compliance with, security protocols and policies in line with assigned tasks;
- Actively engages in projects planning, design, and budgeting to ensure that required logistics human and material resources and systems are accounted for and are suitable to support planned operations and expected workload;
- Develops and implements logistics strategies in line with country program / operation strategy and preparedness plan;
- Supports smooth implementation of IMC programs and operations, through participation in planning of procurement and commodities dispatches to distribution, as well as effective coordination of other supply chain and logistics activities at the country level;
- Enhances business coordination among the logistics, program and finance departments to develop consensus around priorities and joined problem solving to improve the delivery of assistance to beneficiaries; Identifies and anticipates supply chain risks impacting program activities.
- Develops and implements related risk mitigation / reduction activities;
- Ensures together with country management team that logistics support requirements in terms of staffing and internal logistics infrastructure, required for effective project support, are correctly accounted for and budgeted in all project proposals;
- Identify and share ideas, innovations, best practices and request for improvements related to business processes and related tools at local and global level;
- Implements, analyzes and monitors Key Performance Indicators for all logistics and supply chain aspects;
- Ensures standard reports are prepared, analyzed and shared with stakeholders as per standard requirements and schedule;
- Responsible for timely submission of logistics reports to donors; Represents positively International Medical Corps to government officials, community representatives, Logistics Cluster, NGO Forums, partners and vendors in a positive and professional manner;
- Contributes to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, through the application of International Medical Corps' mandate, ethics and values both internally and externally.
- Procurement and supply chain Accountable for the timely and transparent acquisition of equipment, supplies and services, for program support and implementation, through effective direction of the procurement section, while ensuring compliance with IMC, Zimbabwe government and Donor's procedures and regulations;
- Ensures open, transparent, ethical and free competition for procurements is adhered too;
- Ensures that market surveys are performed regularly, to inform sourcing strategy through understanding of the market (including items availability and costs, identifying eligible suppliers, etc); Ensures that vendors are registered, assessed, and prequalified (as required);
- Ensures Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with other departments are agreed upon, periodically reviewed and updated;
- Ensures that procurement planning timelines accounts for agreed SLAs; In collaboration with the Project Managers / Budget Holders, responsible for supporting the development of the project Procurement Plan process and launch of procurement activities to enhance project timely work-plan implementation trough active participation in operational and pipelines meetings;
- Ensures that Procurement Plans are shared, consolidated, and integrated in the Country Procurement Strategy leading to the implementation of strategic contracting in appropriate markets;
- Ensures proper implementation of item catalogue use in procurement activities, including initiation of addition for any new items as appropriate;
- Ensures that Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) are implemented and monitored for essential and frequently purchased commodities / services / equipment; Promotes enhanced business and advanced negotiation practices, positive and ethical business relations with suppliers;
- Responsible for ensuring regular feedback on procurement activities progress is available to all stakeholders through provision of accurate Procurement trackers and Procurement Plans updates Ensures documented quantity and quality control for all deliveries;
- Ensures that performance of vendors is monitored and documented to mitigate risk of future engagement of under-performing vendors; Ensures timely payment request to Finance, in line with contractpayment terms;
- Collects and analyzes Productivity and Quality evaluation indicators, feedback from requesters / users and business partners / suppliers and adjust sourcing & contracting strategies accordingly to achieve the best Value-For-Money within procurement related activities; Ensures close collaboration with HQ Global Logistics & Supply Chain team to coordinate on timely delivery of international orders and other remote support activities or projects.
- Oversees of the correct implementation of International Medical Corps standard systems and procedures for management of warehouse, transport, fleet, asset and GIK reporting;
- Responsible for the design, deployment and implementation of Logistics information management and reporting system in line with organizational standards;
- Ensures capturing, tracking, analyzing and reporting logistics data; Ensures that transactions are documented, stored and accessible as per standard procedures, and audit trail is in place;
- Supervises and coordinates all logistics matters related to transport and fuel management, to ensure that vehicles are registered, insured, managed and maintained, have adequate equipment (safety, communication, tools, etc) and spare parts / accessories, and all accidents are reported and properly handled;
- Ensures usage of vehicles and generators fuel is correctly supervised, logged and reconciled;
- Ensures commodities and people are transported safely, drivers are trained and consistently implement drive safe procedures, mandated by IMC and local laws;
- Maintains fit for purpose and optimized country fleet of vehicles / generators; Ensures adequate equipment / asset (including ICT items) acquisition and replacement plan is in place, and reflected in project proposals and budgets;
- Ensures that Asset List is up to date and all assets and attractive items are properly recorded, assigned to a custodian, tracked and reported until the final disposal in line with requirements from IMC Asset manual and applicable donor regulations;
- Ensures warehouse operations have adequate staffing, equipment, furniture, supplies and required infrastructures improvements to maintain optimal storage conditions, safety and security; Ensures warehouses are selected and registered as per IMC procedures;
- Ensures accurate, compliant and transparent warehouse management as per IMC manuals and country regulations;
- Ensures that stocks owners have access to stock status reports to facilitate timely stock replenishment and distribution planning;
- Ensures timely sharing of newly received GIKs documentation with HQ Logistics Desk to facilitate financial booking;
- Coordinates acquisition of import/transit/export permits for international shipments, and timely custom clearance;
- Coordinates international and local transport of commodities and where required ensuring acquisition of necessary permits for shipping from local authorities;
- Responsible for equipment and supplies insurance acquisition facilitation by providing timely and accurate information;
- Where required, ensures that telecommunication equipment licenses are acquired through appropriate authorities (HF, VHF, Satellite phones, BGAN, VSAT, etc), properly operated and maintained in a cost efficient manner.
- Staff capacity building and performance management, learning & development Provides leadership and support to all IMC logistics and supply chain staff; Builds and maintain fit for purpose team structure with appropriate segregation of duty through continuous planning and optimization of human resources within department;
- Recruits, inducts, coaches, trains, supervises and mentors direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely constructive performance feedback, and documented performance reviews;
- Ensure this is cascaded up-to assistant level by coaching staff managers to undertake similar process; Identifies training requirements / gaps, and ensure that training plans are developed, fully implemented and refresher trainings provided to all Logistics and Supply Chain staff, as required and deemed necessary;
- Maintains open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their roles;
- As part of succession plan and nationalization goals, identifies, trains and develops capability and capacity of national staff to successfully transition roles and responsibilities, whenever feasible. Compliance, audit and related controls Overall responsible for logistics department compliance with IMC policies and procedures and applicable donor regulations and local laws;
- Responsible for implementation of department control mechanisms over business processes and related activities compliance;
- Remains updated of donor policies and procedures related to Logistics & Supply Chain and is responsible for timely dissemination and consistent application across the country program;
- Conducts assessment and evaluation of risks impacting Logistics & Supply Chain and ensures action plans are in place to mitigate, minimize or remove risks impact;
- Maintains accurate filing systems, with documented and auditable records of all Logistics & Supply chain transactions and reports;
- Ensures timely submission of mandatory logistics reports to the country management team, and Global Logistics & Supply Chain team, in line with IMC policies and procedures;
- Works with Finance, Compliance, Audit, country Logistics department and Regional Logistics team to assess compliance of business processes and related documentation to identify gaps and implement necessary corrective measures and risks mitigation. Implements corrective measures in coordination with country and HQ management.
- Provides responses to audit queries where applicable; Ensures Export Compliance requirements for all Logistics & Supply Chain actions are screened, applied and properly documented in line with applicable license terms & conditions, to avoid any potential violation.
- Consults with HQ Focal Points for export compliance on existing licenses requirements and need for any new license or renewal of licenses required to conduct operations.
- Committed to fraud prevention, detection, reporting and fraud risk reduction as per IMC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws;
- Logistics Management & Information System (LMIS) Supports implementation of software solution for logistics and procurement at country level;
- Ensures LMIS users are trained and use software solutions in a consistent and accurate manner; Ensures that country related LMIS reports / dashboards are available or accessible to stakeholders.
Code of Conduct
- As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards.
- The position holder is expected to set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others;
- ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standardsoutlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics;
- monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly;
- supportemployees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
- It is the shared responsibility and obligation of all staff to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children.
- This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse;
- exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons.
- Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment.
- If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, MPH or Medical
- Degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate; Typically, 12+ years of relevant and progressive experience in the development field, UN / NGO project and personnel management experience;
- Knowledge donors’ regulations (ECHO, EU, BPRM, USAID/BHA, UN agencies etc) preferred; Familiarity with project management cycle;
- Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures and the mandates of donors, UN agencies and NGO’s;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; Solid organizational skills, ability to be flexible and with well under pressure in a fast paced multi task team environment;
- Profound cross-cultural awareness; Fluency in written and spoken English is essential;
- Previous experience working in emergency and conflict situations;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently;
- Experience in program growth and diversification (Health, WASH, Protection, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition programming a plus)
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating on the email subject line the position title.