About Practical Action
We are an international development organisation putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world. We help people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Challenges made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. We work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And we share what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
The postholder will drive a focus on quality, results-centred delivery and accountability. This will include sound financial management and controls that mitigate risk and ensure that our business model is viable. The postholder will have demonstrated experience of managing and mentoring high performing teams and promoting a culture of excellence and professionalism in all we do.
The Accountabilities are:
- Strategic Leadership
- Generating Income and Nurturing Relationships
- People, Capabilities and Leadership
- Delivering Performance
- Strengthen Organizational Profile
- Person Specification
To be successful in the role, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in the development field including at a senior management level.
- Experience of developing and leading ambitious, viable strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of the Zimbabwe context, ideally related to:
- Energy, Agriculture, WASH and/or Climate & Resilience
- Proven track record of leading portfolio growth
- Experience of managing a high performing team to achieve results and ability to drive change processes, bringing people along on the journey
- Proven track record of managing multi-million pound portfolios, ensuring business viability, compliance, delivery and controls.
- High calibre representation and leadership in partnership building.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively lead a diverse team.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to set priorities.
- Proven ability to make sound and courageous decisions.
- Ability to work collaboratively and play a global leadership role.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills: English and Shona/Ndebele.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to gender equality.
- Commitment to Practical Action’s vision, mission and value
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/country-director-2/