The Southern African Power Pool (SAPP) was established in April 1995 under the Southern African Development Community (SADC) Treaty with the aim to optimize the use of available electrical energy resources amongst the SADC member countries and support one another during emergencies. SAPP is seeking for applications from suitably qualified, experienced, and self-driven candidates to fill in the position of Coordination Centre Executive Director.
Scope of work: The Coordination Centre Executive Director shall manage all operations of the SAPP Coordination Centre.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manages and administers financial affairs of the organisation.
- Approves all procurement and financial transactions, and controls budget allocations.
- Oversees updating of SAPP generation and transmission plans, and databases.
- Ensure availability of planning tools.
- Oversees compliance to environmental standards and guidelines.
- Oversees the preparation of SAPP regional projects.
- Liaises with financial institutions on project disbursements and accounting.
- Overseas operations of the SAPP competitive market and the market surveillance function.
- Provides strategic direction to market development.
- Manages market exchange rate risks.
- Oversees compliance monitoring on the performance of SAPP utilities.
- Coordinates investigations of SAPP system disturbances.
- Manages operations of the SAPP Coordination Centre.
- Provides secretariat services to the SAPP Executive Committee, Management Committee and Coordination Centre Board.
- SAPP at SADC conferences, and various meetings.
Qualifications And Experience
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering,
- Business Administration/Leadership or equivalent is desirable.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Membership of a recognised engineering institution.
- SADC nationality and possession of a valid passport to travel within the SADC region and beyond.
- 10 years of relevant experience in the power sector. Master's Degree in Business Administration would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of power system operations and planning.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Leadership and managerial skills. Problem solving and analytical skills.
Duration of assignment:
- The duration of assignment is for an initial period of 5 years with a probation period of 3 months.
Reporting and location:
- The Coordination Centre Executive Director will report to the Coordination Centre Board and provide direct supervision to line management.
- The successful candidate shall be employed on full-time basis at SAPP Coordination Centre offices in Harare, Zimbabwe.
- The job involves a lot of travel and candidates should be willing to travel extensively within the SADC region and beyond.
How To Apply
Shortlisted candidates will be required to go through a comprehensive selection process.
Application process: Interested candidates should submit their applications, qualifications, and CVs (either by email, post, or delivery of hard copies) clearly marked on the subject line or envelope, "Coordination Centre Executive Director", not later than 16:30 hours CAT on 03 June 2022 to:
The SAPP CC Board Chairperson
Southern African Power Pool Coordination Centre
24 Golden Stairs Road
P.O. Box EH52,