Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above vacancy that have arisen at Bindura University of Science Education
STUDENT AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
CATERING SERVICES SECTION
The successful candidates should be an all-rounder Cook who can skillfully, economically prepare and timely present quality food.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Preparing and serving food;
- Processing customer orders;
- Cleaning the workspace;
- Ensuring that the ingredients and products in the canteen are fresh;
- Properly handling and storing ingredients and food to avoid contamination and poisoning;
- Maintaining food safety and sanitization standards in line with the health and safety guidelines;
- Presentation of garnish and arrange final dishes;
- Any other catering services as assigned by Catering Supervisor.
Qualifications And Experience
- The applicants must have a Certificate in Hotel and Catering Studies/Certificate in Hotel and Catering Management/Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking/Certificate in Bakery Studies/Certificate in Professional Cookery/Certificate in Institutional Catering/Certificate in Hospitality Management/Executive Certificate in Hospitality Operations Management/Apprenticeship in Cookery;
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary Level subjects;
- The applicants must also have a minimum of one (1) year relevant post qualification working experience in an educational institution/hotel/restaurant or similar set up.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.