Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above-mentioned position.
The role of Contract Specialist plays a critical role for the organization to direct and oversee contracts throughout their lifecycle. Serving as the liaison between companies, employees, customers, vendors, and independent contractors means contract manager serve as the main facilitators for negotiations, recommendations, record keeping, monitoring, change management, claims administration/management and variations to contracts throughout the lifecycle and ensure ZINARA is compliant to all statutory requirements. Work requires independent and professional judgment and is performed under the supervision of the Head Procurement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement contract management procedures and policies.
- Maintain and update contractual records and contractual correspondences.
- Implement the Public-Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (Chapter 22:23 in respect of Contract Administration.
- Advise on contracts management functions for all the major projects which to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of projects.
- Negotiate, drafts and administrate contracts towards increasing revenues for the company.
- Initiate, manages, and defend claims arising from contracts and on projects undertaken by the organisation.
- Ensure full legislative & regulatory compliance of company contracts to avoid cost escalations and penalties due to non-compliance.
- Brief and evaluate performance of suppliers, contractors, and service providers.
- Create and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Monitor contracts and moving forward with close-out, extension, or renewal of contracts.
- Communicate and present information to stakeholders regarding contracts.
- Prepare periodic procurement reports and statistics for onwards submission to PRAZ.
- Adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLA).
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 Ordinary Levels including Maths and English.
- 2 A Level passes or equivalent.
- Degree in /Procurement/Business Studies/Supply Chain Management /equivalent.
- CIPS Level 4.
- 5 Years relevant experience with 2 years' experience in contract management.
- Clean class 4 driver's licence
- Knowledge of ERP or SAP is an added advantage.
Skills And Competencies
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and long hours.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Exceptional attention tb detail, and talent for accuracy and precision.
- Deep understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language, and the contract lifecycle.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications.
- Deep understanding of procurement contracts, contract governance, contractual language, and the contract lifecycle
How to Apply
Application letters with detailed resumes, certified copies of academic and professional certificates with three traceable referees should be submitted to:
The Director Administration & Human Resources
489 Runiville Glenroy Crescent
Or send via email to: email@example.com
NB: Applicants can also lodge their application letters at the nearest ZINARA Provincial Offices.
Deadline: 10 February 2023 at 4.30 pm