Storm water drainage construction and road repairs.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant position referred to above which has arisen within Victoria Falls City Council.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Construction, maintenance and repairs of road infrastructure: Culverts complete with headwalls and wing walls, Trapezoidal storm water drainages, Vee drains, Ditch drains and stone work.
- Installation of kerb stones.
- Construction, maintenance and repairs of water and sewer infrastructure mainly to cover the following: Manholes, Fire hydrants and Valve chambers, sand traps, general building maintenance of water and sewer pump stations and treatment plants.
- Perform risk assessments for every activity, maintaining and prioritization of safe work practice and the surrounding environment.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies
- 5'0' level including English and Mathematics
- At least Journeyman Class 2 in bricklaying, including plaster
- Have a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a Builder
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Computer literacy
- Be mature, logical and analytic
- Clean criminal record
- Clean Class 4 Driver's licence
- In return, the City offers an attractive package to be disclosed to short listed candidates.
How To Apply
Applications, including detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and names of at least two traceable referees, should reach the undersigned.
City of Victoria Falls
P. 0. Box 41
Tel +263 83 2843531-3/2844210
R. Dube: Town Clerk
NB: The City of Victoria Falls is an equal opportunity employer; suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply.