An exciting and challenging career opportunity has arisen within Bank Finance Division, CBZ BANK for the position of Compliance Accountant. If you are willing to join a team of energized and passionate experts who are driven to take Finance into the digital age, this is a career opening for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compute accurately the Income Tax payable by the Bank through QPDs and ensure tax due is paid to ZIMRA as per set deadlines.
- Review withholding taxes payable as per General Ledger balances.
- Review VAT payable in line with source transactions and invoices and ensure taxes due are paid.
- Upload tax returns on the ZIMRA e-filing portal.
- File system generated returns.
- Implement transfer pricing charges.
- Provide guidance to business units on tax issues.
- Apply for the annual Tax Clearance certificate.
- Maintain good relations with the regulator at all times.
- Provide input in the preparation of tax forecasts.
- Prepare current tax and deferred tax provision computations.
- Analyze intercompany transactions to entrench the arm’s length principle on transactions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a degree in Accounting or similar from a recognized and reputable tertiary institution.
- Have a professional Accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CIS or ICTA.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in an Accounting or related function.
- Possess thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Should have strong ability to analyze and interpret tax legislation.
- Have excellent numeric and problem solving skills.
- Should be able to communicate effectively and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Possess strong Excel skills and appreciation of various digital working tools and platform.
- Willing to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Ton Apply Use Link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3405819556/
Deadline: 23 December 2022