• Communication Officer contributes to designing, planning and implementing communication projects and activities in coordination with the Communication Manager. S/he supports the ZRCS’s public communication work by producing, promoting and distributing audio-visual material for broadcasters and digital content (web videos, photography, etc.). S(he advises on the best methods (including use of news footage and social videos) to support key campaigns and initiatives. S/he works to enhance the digital reputation and positioning of the ZRCS, furthering the goals and objectives of the digital strategy. S/he supports the ZRCS’s efforts to connect with relevant audiences through digital content and channels by editing, creating and publishing content on different channels. S/he assists in drafting newsletters writing, flyers, reports and audio-visual materials. S/he Support the Communications Manager in communicating during emergencies, to develop deeper, more diverse, and innovative strategic partnerships which could lead to multiyear thematic funding.
Duties And Responsibilities
Develop and implement communication plans for ZRCS that support programmatic and policy priorities and aligns with the NS communications priorities and initiatives:
- For each emergency operation or advocacy opportunity, develop a brief but clear communication plan highlighting the communication objectives, the audiences, tools, and deliverables, among other items.
- Evaluate the success rate of every communication plan through media monitoring and social media analytics.
- Increase the frequency of stories published on the organizational social media and other online platforms.
- Use evidence-based approach to showcase the impact of the work on the National Society.
- Facilitate National Society in pitching media stories and professionally handling media inquiries with broadcast, print and online media/social media.
- Work closely with other departments to produce facts and figures, key messages, reactive lines and promote different IM products.
- Archive audio-visual material gathered on an annual basis for ZRCS records.
- Support emergency communication and work on the implementation of the emergency communication rapid deployment mechanism
- Identify and propose proactive and timely media opportunities, aimed at positioning ZRCS as a leading humanitarian actor.
- Establish quick contact with the NS local structures affected by disasters, to ensure speedy communications, online and in the media, with the goal of being ahead of other humanitarian organizations. Write stories and interviews during emergencies and provide basic audio-visual material
- Draft communication packs with key material (facts and figures, key messages, press releases etc).
Qualifications And Experience
Relevant University Degree in Journalism, Communications, Media, Humanitarian affairs, Political Sciences or related
- At least 3 years of experience working in communications, journalism or public relations.
- Previous working experience in producing communications content production (articles,
- press release, audio-visuals, desktop publishing, social media
- At least two years working experience in a humanitarian sector
- Experience in managing communications issues in complex and delicate situations.
- Experience in building media contacts.
- Experience in emergency response.
How To Apply
Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
to the attention of : The Secretary General
Zimbabwe Red Cross Society