Reporting: Communications & Advocacy Officer
Education Coalition of Zimbabwe (ECOZI) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the posts of Communications & Advocacy Intern that has arisen in the organization.
Roles and responsibilities
The Communication and Advocacy Intern will be working with the Communications and Advocacy Officer to
- Contribute to the formulation, implementation, and monitoring of advocacy and communications strategies for the organization;
- Coordinating all advocacy and communications related activities across the coalition and ensure membership participation in the processes;
- Preparing position papers and policy briefs and presenting same to coalition members and policymakers;
- Capacitating programme staff on media, advocacy and communication;
- Producing press statements, releases, supplements and newsletters for the organization;
- Coordinating policy dialogues with ECOZI members and external stakeholders such as parliamentary portfolio committees, government ministries and development partners;
- Engaging with the media for awareness-raising and advocacy on education policy issues and visibility of the organization and Social Media management.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, demonstrated commitment to working for a membership-based organization;
- Experience in social media management, demonstrated ability to produce policy briefs, position papers, press releases and website content;
- Ability to produce a variety of written and visual communication products in a clear and concise manner;
- Outstanding skills in Photography, Videography, Design and an understanding of WordPress.
- Studying towards a university degree in Journalism, International relations, Mass communication or equivalent.
Interested candidates should send their Cover letter, portfolio / links to previous works and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org