Mwenezi Development Training Centre (MDTC) is a community-based organization operating in Mwenezi, Masvingo, Chiredzi, and Beitbridge districts. MDTC implements diversified community development and humanitarian programmes which are funded by various funding partners. MDTC has recently been given an award to implement a one-year USAID funded programme on “Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district of Zimbabwe”.
Project: Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
- Develop, support and promote organization goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase donor visibility among stakeholders.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum: Diploma in communications, journalism, public relation or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
How To Apply
Terms And Conditions
Applications to be sent via e-mail on email@example.com with attached curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and addressed to The Programmes Managing Director.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: MDTC Does Not Charge A Fee At Any Stage Of The Recruitment Process (Application, Shortlisting And Interview).