City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in the Chamber Secretary's Department.
Position : Committee Officer (3 Positions)
Location Town House
Reporting To : Senior Committee Officer Department : Chamber Secretary
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced municipal employees for appointment to the above vacant position in the Committees Division (Chamber Secretary's Department)
- To timeously and accurately produce Committee and Council Agendae and Minutes.
- To promptly attend to correspondence arising from Committee and Council resolutions.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepares Agenda and Minutes and takes Minutes of Committees and Council meetings.
- Provides procedural, legisiative/legal and administrative advice to Councilors and Officials.
- Prepares relevant circulars and other documentations resulting from Council and Committee resolutions,
- Provides Secretarial Services to other ad hoc Committees of officials.
Qualifications And Experience
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A relevant degree in Local Government Administration OR Social Science.
- At least two years working experience in Local Government Administration.
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical Skills
- Computer literacy
- Organisation and time management skills
How To Apply
Salary scale for Grade 9 E
(Canvassing will disqualify applicants)
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for shall be addressed to The Human Capital Director, City of Harare. P 0 Box 1680, Harare, OR hand delivered to Records Office, Basement. Room B32. Rowan Martin Building, Harare. not later than 22 February 2022