National Pharmaceutical Company (NatPharm) is a Government owned company that procures, warehouses and distributes medicines and medical supplies to health institutions nationwide. A vacancy has arisen within the company. The company is inviting applications from suitably qualified, self-motivated, honest and experienced individuals who are committed to contributing to an efficient and effective health delivery system in Zimbabwe to fill the above-mentioned post.
The Commercial Manager reports to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for the following among other duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a leading role in development of the Pharmaceutical wholesale business strategic plan.
- Lead the implementation for the approved wholesale Commercial Unit Strategies across all company branches.
- Lead marketing activities for the business unit and the company brand.
- Participate in product selection and quantification processes.
- Conduct market surveys and business performance evaluations. Inventory management and technical expertise.
- Develop annual budgets for the business unit.
- Staff supervision and performance management.
- Financial management.
- Generate and analyze performance reports of business strategies within the portfolio of the Strategic Business Unit.
- Resolve issues with contracts and commercial operations.
- Assess risks, develop a risk matrix and make recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation.
- Ensure implementation of best practices for managing contract issues and handling daily issues and tasks.
- Develop customer value proposition as well as business model for entry into identified opportunities.
- Develop Pricing Structures/Framework that is suitable to NatPharm business.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to regulations that govern the industry.
- Be able to develop business proposal for strategic alliances in the areas of exclusive dealership, batch manufacturing and other new revenue streams.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Business or Marketing related Degree or Masters Degree (Marketing, B. Management or MBA).
- At least 5 years' experience in the Pharmaceutical field preferably in the Pharmaceutical wholesaling and product detailing field.
- 2 years must be in a senior management role.
- Clean class 4 driver's license.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Highest levels of integrity, transparency and honesty.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with their CVs and certified copies of certificates to:
The Human Resources
NatPharm Head Office
14 Lobengula Street
Applicants must clearly indicate the position being applied for and the duty station. NatPharm is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 29 December 2022