Established in 1987, Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices, and is one of the largest specialised Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organisations in Zimbabwe. PSZ complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in the provision of quality, and affordable general health and SRH services in all provinces of Zimbabwe. In line with its expansion strategy, PSZ seeks to expand its talent pool to include the following:
The Clinical Services Coordinator is responsible for providing technical expertise on the design and delivery of comprehensive, high quality, integrated FP, SRH, HIV, SGBV, Cervical Cancer screening and other general health services in line with PSZ’s service integration thrust. The incumbent will also provide expert guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches for the scaling up of contraceptives and other related SRH services including SGBV mitigation and post-violence care The role also involves analysing client feedback on PSZ services and designing new clinical services and products in accordance to client preferences, recommend improvements in delivery of clinical services and engage in training and mentoring of clinical staff and will be an active member of the clinical quality assurance team, participating in clinical audits, incident management, competency assessment and other clinical governance roles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Channel Leads on work planning, performance management and strategic communication related to the integrated services approach
- Lead in the design and implementation of technically sound models to deliver diversified and integrated SRH/HIV/CCSPT/SGBV and other general health services
- Assist in the development of innovative project ideas and providing input into project proposals to attract donor funds for a value-added service integration programme
- Provide technical guidance and develop training curricula and materials for capacity building interventions for PSZ health service providers on relevant clinical services
- Provide technical advice and support to the Centres, Outreach Teams and other channels on quality assurance and integrated clinical services related training
- Establish quality assurance for clinical services in line with MSI and MoHCC
- Conduct clinical quality internal audits, clinical competency assessments and other QA activities as specified by the HOD
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)
- Postgraduate qualification in public health or other health-related fields is desirable
- 5 minimum years of professional experience in SRH and HIV/AIDS management programs
- At least 3 years in a technical leadership role
- Registered with Medical and Dental Council of Zimbabwe
- A diploma or degree in Business Management or related field is a requirement.
- Computer literacy and report writing experience is essential.
- Experience in providing sexual and reproductive health services is desirable
How to Apply
Applications, should clearly state the position, and location applied for and should include a cover letter and a curriculum vitae with three (3) referees. Applications should be received by 1pm on Friday the 4th of November, 2022 and should be directed to:
The Senior Manager-Human Resources and Administration
Population Services Zimbabwe
9 Bisley Circle, Belvedere
PSZ is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of vulnerable persons and safeguarding employees and communities from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. PSZ does not solicit for payments in any form at any stage of the recruitment process.