Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned position within the Technical Services Department. The incumbent will report to the Technical Services Manager and will be based at Aspindale Depot.
- Degree/Higher National Diploma in Quantity Surveying/Civil Engineering/Construction Engineering.
- At least three (3) years' experience in design and /construction of buildings/concrete works/roads and drainage.
- Good Knowledge of design details e.g Codes and Standards.
- Ability to design and revise Technical Reports, Documentation and Project plans.
- High knowledge of Technical Specifications requirements.
- Significant practical knowledge of Quantity Surveying for construction and other civil works.
- Ability to multi- task.
Summary Of Duties
- Prepares schedules, quantities and cost estimates for projects for various GMB structures.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of applicable procedures relating to drawing production and management.
- Liaises with procurement section on the procurement of materials for construction.
- Assists in preparation of tender & assists in the adjudication of tender documents.
- Liaises with Mechanical Officer on maintenance and overhaul programmes for plants, equipment and machinery.
- Takes part in committees and meetings relevant to buildings and civil engineering infrastructure activities.
- Supports safety related functions on sites.
- Contributes to managing plans, implementation, installation, testing and commissioning of projects.
- Design work, process orders and provides technical support during construction.
- Supervises and monitors GMB site activities and maintenance programmes for quality of work and conformity in accordance with applicable standards and procedures.
- Manages all drawings, approvals and assists in the presentation of formal design reviews.
- Checks and verifies internal documents for supplied materials.
- Produces a monthly report for the planning section.
- Adheres to and ensures adherence to Safety, Health and Environmental standard regulations
- Performs any other work related duties as assigned by the superior.
How To Apply
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be emailed to: email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.