Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned vacant position, which has fallen vacant in the Works Department. The incumbent will be reporting to Director of Works.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare designs, drawings and specifications for civil engineering works as a result of new, failing or proactive improvement of infrastructure.
- Assist others with procurement processes including preparation of specifications, evaluations and reporting to ensure compliance with PRAZ.
- Prepare project plans for maintenance or construction works which involves: costing, timeframes, human resources, plant, equipment and materials, milestone reporting, relevant policy and procedure suite for both operations, safety and emergency, diversion or alternate infrastructure plans, consultation and similar.
- Undertake assessment of engineering documentation submitted for development applications and prepare engineering referrals and advice within required timeframes.
- Investigate problems with existing infrastructure assets and determine any matters for rectification and make recommendations of integration into capital works planning, minor works or emergency work.
- Provide information to assist in updating Council's asset management register and GIS.
- Supervises effectively the rehabilitation and maintenance of roads and drainages in order to ensure safety of road users and increase the life span.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strictly holder of BSc/B.Eng. (Hons.) degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Engineering Council of Zimbabwe in the field of Civil/Structural engineering.
- At least five (5) years proven relevant experience
- Proficiency in ARCGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D or Civil designer, Epanet, Microsoft Project
- Must be 30 years and above
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills
- The ability to think methodically and to manage projects
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities