Reports to : Airports Development Manager Location: Head Office
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides detailed specifications for the project for use in monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensuring that the project has documented milestones against which monitoring can be undertaken;
- Demonstrates that planning has taken into consideration all the key stakeholders in each project;
- Seeks the necessary approval on each project;
- Identifies contractors and verifying their capacity to deliver on commitments;
- Understands the requirements of the Procurement and Disposal of Assets department and ensure full compliance;
- Monitors and advises on the progress of the projects periodically.
- Evaluates the progress and results of the projects.
- Recommends corrective measures if the project is deviating from the plan.
- Arranges the commissioning of completed projects.
- Monitors the contractors to ensure that they deliver services as promised and advise timeously.
- Reviews and prepares details of planning and construction cost estimates for the project.
- Ensures adequate financial control of project.
- Ensures that all engineering specifications, standards and legal factors are taken into account of in all Terms of Reference and Contract documents.
Maintenance of Airfield and building infrastructure
- • Plans and manages maintenance of all buildings and civil works
- Carries out periodical inspection of all civil works infrastructure
- Supervises repair of pavements and utilities
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications & skills
- A Degree in Civil Engineering, from a recognized university
- Corporate member of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers
- 5 years' experience in civil engineering
- Experience in the management of infrastructural development projects.
- Previous experience in a client side project management role.
Other requirements/ competences
- Experience in working with a multidisciplinary project team.
- Project management
- Knowledge of tendering and procurement procedures
- Budgeting and cost management
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit application letters, copies of updated Curriculum Vitaes and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to:
The Acting Human Resources Manager
Airports Company of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited 3rd level, International Building
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25 March 2022. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.