Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant post mentioned above.
Reporting To: Town Clerk
Duties And Responsibilities
- Identifying potential income generating projects for Council
- Conduct surveys and monitoring economic trends.
- Developing, Managing, Promoting City Council Strategic Business Units
- Economic Research and Development.
- City Revenue Mobilization and policy formulation.
- Creating an action plan in order to implement the economic development strategy and monitoring its progress.
- Setting up training schemes for local businesses and unemployed human capital. p) Marketing the City's goods and services locally and internationally.
- Development and Promotion of Special Economic Zones (SEZ) r) Assessment of project proposals for investments and subsequent recommendation for allocations of stands for industrial/ commercial development.
- Educating and informing Councillors about local economic trends
- Advising Council on any form of Public Private Partnership programmes and other forms of partnership
- Carrying out feasibility studies on behalf of Council v) Assist SME sector, especially youth and women in formulation of bankable business proposals.
- Coming up with investment promotion strategies
- Monitoring implementation of investment projects and programs y) Liaising with prospective investors
- Coordinating Council' s participation in investment EXPOs and Fares
- To carry out any other functions as delegated by the Town Clerk from time to time.
Qualifications And Resp0onsibilities
- An Economics/Finance/Business Management degree or equivalent from a reputable university.
- A relevant Masters Degree is a distinct advantage
- Possession of a relevant professional qualification is an added advantage
- A Minimum of 5 "0" Levels including English Language and Mathematics/Accounts
- AMinimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Should demonstrate capacity to supervise accounting activities
- Exposure to Local Authorities systems will be an added advantage
- Must be prepared to work under pressure and at odd times
- Must be at least 30 years of age
- A clean class 4 driver's licence
How To Apply
Applications addressed to the Town Clerk, together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates to reach the undersigned through posting, email or hand delivery on or before Friday, 30 September, 2022.
P.O. Box 17
Eng. E. Mukaratirwa: TOWN CLERK
NB: When sending email attach as a single document in PDF format