Under the guidance and general supervision of the Chief Child Protection (P5), the Child Protection Specialist (Gender Based Violence) P3 level will be responsible for providing the Zimbabwe Country Office in general and the Child Protection Section in particular, with technical support and assistance on GBV prevention, mitigation and response interventions and their implementation and monitoring. This will include engaging UNICEF staff and partners to manage the effective implementation of GBV prevention, mitigation, case management and training activities across Zimbabwe.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Gender Based Violence programming and technical support
- Gender Based Violence in Emergencies advocacy, networking, and partnership building
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Qualifications And Experience
- Advanced university degree in international development, social science, or related technical field (e.g., public health, social work, political science, human rights, etc.) or equivalent work experience within the field of GBV.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and GBV related areas is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is considered as an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.