Reports to: Head of Programs
Contract length: 6 months
Effective start date: 1 April 2022
Apostolic Women Empowerment Trust is a non-Governmental registered organization that empowers women and adolescents’ girls in the Apostolic churches to participate in social and economic development processes that affect them as well as advance their rights and those of others.
To ensure the protection of children from harm in all AWET activities.
Duties And Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities
- The Child Protection Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child protection programmes / projects in relation to social service workforce strengthening, case management and birth registration within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results at AWET;
- Prepares, executes, manages, and implements a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, and program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting;
- H/She will closely work with the Department of Social Welfare and birth registrars under Local Government Offices;
- Conduct and update the situation analysis for the development, design and management of child protection related programmes / projects;
- Research and report on development trends (e.g economic, social, health) and data for use in programme development, management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results;
- Contribute to the development and establishment of sectoral programme goals, objectives, strategies, and results-based planning through research, analysis and reporting of child protection and other related information for development planning and priority and goal setting;
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing and administering a variety of technical, programme, operational, and administrative transactions, preparing related materials and documentations, and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support programme planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating of results;
- Prepare required programme documentations, materials and data to facilitate the programme review and approval process;
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations and / or to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and / or decisions;
- Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned;
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programmes / projects, and to report on required action / interventions at the higher level of programme management; Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verifying compliance with approved allocations, organizational rules, regulations, procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity;
- Report on critical issues and findings to ensure timely resolution by management and stakeholders.
- Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution;
- Prepare regular and mandated sectoral programme/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of programme progress;
- Identify, capture, synthesize, and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders;
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practices to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results
- Research and report on best and cutting edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems;
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients and stakeholders.
Qualifications And Experience
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: international development, social work, social welfare, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field;
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
How To Apply
Interested applicants send their CVs and motivational letters demonstrating why you are suitable for the position to AWET by the 11th of March 2022 at the following email address email@example.com indicating the position being applied for on the subject line. Females are encouraged to apply.