The University of Zimbabwe is inviting applications for the following vacant posts:
1. DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND VETERINARY MEDICINE
1.1 CHIEF TECHNICIAN (1 POST)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Conducting scientific investigations.
- Field and laboratory sampling for research.
- Preparing annual financial, departmental, non-academic, inventory and security reports.
- Procurement for the department.
- Supervision of staff: ensuring that they carry out their duties and activities properly.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Chairperson of Department.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Have a Masters’ Degree in Food Processing Technology, Animal Science, Medical Laboratory Technology or Applied Biological Technology.
- Have a Degree in Food Sciences and Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Applied Biological Technology.
- Have a minimum of 5 Ordinary level passes including English Language, Science and Mathematics at Grade C, or better
- Possess leadership and managerial qualities and be highly motivated.
- Have at least, 3 years post-qualification experience.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit six copies of applications, IDs, birth certificate and CVs, giving full particulars including full name, place and date of birth and six copies of academic and
professional qualifications for each set of application. Applicants must give information on experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, names and addresses of three referees. Applications should be addressed and either hand delivered or posted to: -
DEPUTY REGISTRAR, HUMAN REOSURCES
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP 167