The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Plans and installs all cabling and electronic network communications equipment infrastructure.
- Configuration of proxy, mail and webservers
- Manage, maintain, upgrade, and monitor the enterprise network
- Maintain comprehensive records and documentation for all applications and fault reports.
- Maintain a close cooperation and liaison with external service providers
- Supervises network technicians and other junior staff members.
- Advise the Technical Manager on network issues.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must have an Honours Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent with five years relevant experience.
- A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, Switches and troubleshooting skills.
- The candidate should have a working knowledge of Linux and virtualization applications and exhibit outstanding organisational and time management skills, be an analytical thinker and problem solver.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.