National Building Society Limited seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Chief Housing Officer to aggressively grow its market share in property development, in line with the Society's aspiration to deliver affordable low-cost housing. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Chief Housing Officer will be directly responsible for formulating and implementing effective strategies for attainment of the organization's core mandate and mission of delivering affordable low-cost housing promptly and profitably to the nation.
The Chief Housing Officer is responsible for developing and delivering affordable housing units for mortgage financing by identifying housing development opportunities, acquisition of suitable land banks and sustainable smart partnership with other players in the value chain.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement the Housing Projects strategy to achieve business goals in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Propose new strategies for land acquisition and housing delivery in line with prevailing environment
- Estimate annual budgetary requirements for current and future housing targets
- Identify development partners and land banks for future housing development throughout the country
- Draw up tactical plans for housing delivery in consultation with the Board Define project brief/scope for investigation and draw up
- Expressions of Interest (Invitation to Tender) for consultancy services and coordinate their activities
- Review technical reports and submit recommendations for Board approvals to implement if proven viable.
- Select appropriate contracting methodology depending on mode of project procurement and ensure technical specifications meet minimum performance criteria.
- Incorporate measures for contractor performance, securities, and terms of engagement (liabilities)
- Establish monitoring and feedback systems for each project.
- Identify project risks and draw up mitigation measures
- Provide stakeholder updates through highlight reports (issues notification)
- Conduct project closures and client sign offs
- Establish regulatory authorities' liaison and communication channels
- Manage all staff administrative issues in accordance with established HR policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present Board reports on housing projects
Qualifications And Experience
- The successful candidate must possess a Masters' degree and at least 5 years of property development experience at senior managerial level.
- Bachelor's degree in either Real Estate, Regional and Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- Working knowledge of project management tools or software Ability to make decisions and follow through with action initiatives.
- Outstanding analytical, planning, organizing and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) Personal integrity, self-motivation and self-management. Familiar with the balanced scorecard.
How To Apply
If you are interested please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position being applied for in the subject section by 19 August 2022. If you do not receive a response within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
14th Floor Social Security Center, Cnr Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way, Harare, Zimbabwe
Tel: +263 (024) 2700042; 2700089; VOIP- +263 8677004603