The Infrastructure Development Bank of Zimbabwe (“IDBZ/the Bank”) is a national Development Finance Institution (DFI) that promotes infrastructure development in various sectors including Energy, Transport, Water & Sanitation, Housing, Irrigation, ICT, Health, Tourism and Education. These are key enablers to inclusive socio-economic development and growth. The Bank also supports private sector enterprises, focusing on the infrastructure value chain, agri-businesses, mining and export-oriented businesses.
In order to effectively execute its mandate, the Bank seeks to recruit the following personnel:
Chief Environmental Social Impact Assessment Officer
This position reports to the Manager Infrastructure Projects Division 1.1(Housing, Student & Staff Accommodation, Health, Education & Tourism Infrastructure)
Job Purpose And Responsibilities
The position exists to provide support for the development of local capacity in the fields of environmental impact assessment and environmentally sustainable design and management. To provide environmental and social management technical advice and support to the Bank on infrastructure investment projects. The incumbent will coordinate the undertaking of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA) on public and private infrastructure projects so that projects are able to meet the environmental and social standards set by regulators, the Bank and other financing institutions.
Duties And Responsibilities
The job includes the following specific responsibilities:
- Develop and spearhead implementation of the Bank’s environmental impact assessment strategy and policies.
- Develop strategies and budgets relating to ESIA, for planned and ongoing development activities.
- Spearhead all ESIA processes to ensure projects compliance with EMA regulations throughout the project cycle.
- Stakeholder engagement throughout the project development & implementation cycle.
- Assess projects on an on-going basis, and
- Ensure compliance with Environmental Management Agency regulations at all times.
Qualifications And Experience
This is a senior position and requires the following attributes:
- Undergraduate Degree in Rural and Urban Planning, Environmental Science, Biology, Environmental Engineering and or related fields
- Master’s degree in Environmental Studies/Science or equivalent
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in similar role.
- Experience working in a Development Finance Institution (DFI) will be an added advantage.
- A proven ability to communicate (both oral and verbal)
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae by not later than 16:00 hours Friday, 10 June 2022.
NB: For the above position, a highly competitive package is on offer, details of which would be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
To be considered, interested candidates are requested to forward their applications to:
Acting Director Corporate Services and Human Resources Department
99 Gamal Abdel Nasser Road
or email email@example.com