Wanted is a Chief Corporate Affairs Officer to join an organisation in the Telecommunications sector in Harare . Candidates invited to apply.
Key Results Areas
The incumbent should be able to drive the following summarised Key Results Areas.
Corporate Affairs Strategy
- Develops the Corporate Affairs Strategy in alignment with the group’s strategic objectives and business plans
- Develops appropriate Corporate Governance frameworks and or policies
- Ensures that high standards exist to promote good internal and external communications, strong media relations, as well as maximising business positioning in the market.
- Sets out the Media & Public Relations Strategy and reviews the Annual Media plan and Budgets
- Leads the development and maintenance of strategic relationships with key external stakeholders (Government, Regulators)
- Formulates an integrated investor relations strategic mapping that cut across the group corporate communication, marketing, customer experience, finance and securities law compliance to enable the most effective two-way communication between the company, the financial community, and other constituencies, which ultimately contribute to the business shares achieving fair valuation.
Oversees the development of the Group media policy and media governance protocols for use within the group and implements their adherence across the Group
Develops the enterprise research framework for local and international media and industry research
Develops strategies to drive media campaigns designed to reach investors, consumers, employees, industry analysts, customers, government agencies and other stakeholders anchored on effective media analytics.
Public Relations, Reputation and Regulatory Affairs
- Ensures proactive Public Relations Playbooks’ for the Group with defined protocols for public relations engagement.
- Proactively leads engagements with Government, Parliament, Stakeholder Think Tanks and Public engagements providing management teams with guidance in high-stakes engagements.
- Documents appropriate Holding statements and Issues briefing notes / aide memoires to guide management teams in high stakes public engagements.
- Tracks International & regional trends on public policy and regulatory affairs which may impact the company and proactively envisages appropriate business response.
- Ensures the implementation of the Public relations engagement & Monitoring Plan.
- Develops the Group’s media coverage plans.
Corporate Brand Positioning
- Leverages the Corporate Social responsibility Initiatives to propel the reputation of the business and improve the overall corporate brand positioning with stakeholders in liaison with the Marketing team.
- Develops the Corporate Brand Action Plan and tracks corporate brand market positioning and performance.
- Develops the Corporate Branding Frameworks and maintains Corporate Brand blueprints ensuring compliance on corporate brand propositions in internal and external communications across the business
- Leverages professional endorsement bodies to propel the corporate brand in liaison with the Marketing team.
- Acts as the key point of contact between the Board of Directors, the Group CEO, CSZL CEO, The Government and the Regulator
- Ensures the effective flow of information within the Board of Directors and Committees, and between the senior management team and the Board of Directors
- Proactively engages public stakeholders, opinion and thought leaders. Proactively impress a Positive Corporate Brand image with all media channels and proactively engage members to gain meaningful insights on public sentiment towards the group to pre-empt with positive publicity.
- Oversees the Group’s responses to feedback and comments directed at the company in mainstream and social media, and quickly addresses to correct in liaison with the Customer Experience & Marketing teams.
- Develops strategic plans to foster media relationships that safeguard the company’s reputation
- Contributes to the development of Corporate Affairs systems, control processes and risk management principles that comply with internal and external governance and best practice requirements
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate must have at least 10 years’ experience in the telecoms, media or related environment; with at least 5 of them in a senior management role.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Public Relations, Marketing, Law, Accounting or equivalent.
- A relevant professional qualification such as C.A., CFA, FRM certification or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- The incumbent must possess strong interpersonal skills, strategic leadership capabilities and be able to engage and build sustainable relationships with High level stakeholders such as the Government, Regulators and other key stakeholders.
N.B Candidates must have a legal background
How To Apply
To Apply Used Link: https://www.thehumancapitalhub.com/jobs/Chief-Corporate-Affairs-Officer/1903