The incumbent will report to the Procurement Executive and key responsibilities include managing and coordinating operations of procurement function for the smooth flow of procurement of materials and services.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Implements policies and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost effective procuring process for the business.
- Manages purchasing of equipment, materials, supplies and services for the company ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and statutory regulations
- Manages and coordinates procurement cycle to ensure that goods, works and services are provided timeously and at competitive terms.
- Drafts and recommends procurement resolutions to the Procurement Management Unit, Accounting Officer and Authority for approval. • Reviews procurement policies and procedures and recommends to management any amendments as and when necessary.
- Negotiates contracts with winning bidders upon awards.
- Manages supply contracts and orders in the benefit interest of the company.
- Resolves vendor or contractor grievances and clairris against suppliers.
- Negotiates sale agreements with buyers for disposal of security items from recovered materials projects e.g. copper, aluminum, platinum etc
- Implements all aspects of HR functions within the department with respect to recruitment needs, personal development, performance monitoring and team building.
- Undertakes all people management related activities in accordance with the TelOne's Standards.
Financial Resource Management
- Assists Procurement Executive in formulating capital and operational budgets for the department
- Evaluates cost and quality of materials, equipment, products, or services.
- Ensures stringent material control that include usage, scrap and inventory levels to ensure company targets are met by keeping material costs low.
- Identifies and addresses pricing and product inconsistencies for quality and value for money purposes.
Qualifications / Experience
- BCom (Hons) Degree in Purchasing & Supply/ BSc (Hons) Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- CIPS Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Undoubted working knowledge and skill of Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act
- Minimum of five years' relevant experience in procurement environment.
- Class 4 Drivers License a requirement.
- Strong business acumen, management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with employees and stakeholders.
- Ability to translate insights into action.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
How To Apply
Runhare House, 107 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue Harare: (024) 2783 565/6,
Bulawayo (029) 2717 760 or 2886 688
Gweru: (054) 2221 794 or 2230617,
Mutare (020) 2163395 or 2167666
Masvingo: (039) 2263 284 or 2263 384
Call Centre: Toll Free (024) 2700 950
WhatsApp 0719 700 950