Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above vacancy that have arisen at Bindura University of Science Education
STUDENT AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
CATERING SERVICES SECTION
- Reporting to the Dean of Students, the Catering Supervisor must be a team player, honest, mature, professional, hardworking and possess no criminal record.
- In addition, applicants should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties And Responsibilities
- To provide an excellent student experience by developing a great value food offer in line with the latest customer trends relevant to the target customer;
- To develop and deliver an efficient and high quality hospitality service to support internal meetings and events;
- To develop and deliver catering services for national events ranging from VIP dining to large scale events such as Graduation Ceremonies;
- To deliver key performance indicators for the service including income & expenditure budget management; food safety; customer satisfaction and team engagement;
- To lead, manage and motivate the catering team to deliver the highest service standards that enhance the student and staff experience;
- Oversee the procurement and management of food items required for a canteen;
- Supervise staff operations to ensure compliance with set standards of quality and service;
- Plan, prepare, and manage financial budgets to ensure quality service provision;
- Interact with customers to identify their requirements and assist in meeting their needs;
- Conduct surveys to determine the student perception and image of the canteen services;
- Maintain contact with customers to obtain client feedback on the quality of service received;
- Plan, prepare, and manage financial budgets to meet set targets;
- Oversee the interviewing, hiring, and training of catering employees;
- Designate and manage staff and design functional work shifts;
- Ensure adherence to University health, safety, and hygiene policies when carrying out job operations;
- Monitor and manage inventory to ensure stock is readily available when required;
- Maintain accurate records of financial accounts, transactions, and other relevant administrative information.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Master’s degree with a specialisation in Tourism and Hospitality;
- Applicants must also possess a first degree in Tourism and Hospitality/Culinary Studies;
- At least five (5) years’ post qualification experience in Student Catering Services, Student Affairs/Student Support Services/Campus Life Experience
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.