Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned post that has arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing an excellent student experience by developing a great value food offer in line with the latest customer trends relevant to the target customer
- Developing and delivering an efficient and high quality hospitality service to support internal meetings and events
- Developing and delivering catering services for national events ranging from VIP dining to large scale events such as Graduation Ceremonies
- Delivering key performance indicators for the service including income & expenditure budget management; food safety; customer satisfaction and team engagement
- Leading, managing and motivating the catering team to deliver the highest service standards that enhance the student and staff experience
- Overseeing the procurement and management of food items required for a canteen
- Supervising staff operations to ensure compliance with set standards of quality and service
- Planning, preparing, and managing financial budgets to ensure quality service provision
- Interacting with customers to identify their requirements and assist in meeting their needs
- Conducting surveys to determine the student perception and image of the canteen services
- Maintaining contact with customers to obtain client feedback on the quality of service received
- Planning, preparing, and managing financial budgets to meet set targets
- Overseeing the interviewing, hiring, and training of catering employees
- Designating and managing staff and designing functional work shifts
- Ensuring adherence to University health, safety, and hygiene policies when carrying out job operations
- Monitoring and managing inventory to ensure stock is readily available when required
- Maintaining accurate records of financial accounts, transactions, and other relevant administrative information; and
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate must have a Master’s degree with a specialisation in Tourism and Hospitality plus two (2) years post qualification experience and/or a first degree in Tourism and Hospitality/Culinary Studies plus five (5) years’ post qualification experience in Student Catering Services, Student Affairs/Student Support Services/Campus Life Experience.
- The Catering Officer must be a team player, honest, mature, professional, hardworking and possess no criminal record.
- In addition, applicants should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
To apply, visit careers on the Great Zimbabwe University website: http://elearning.gzu.ac.zw/careers/ Applicants are urged to fill in all the necessary fields on the application platform and attach the required documents.
Deadline: 07 January 2023.