The job holder will be charged with the responsibility of managing cartographic information whilst developing standards for GIS use.
Reporting to: Director Statistical Services.
- Head Office, Harare Job
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing a comprehensive departmental work plan in line with the divisions' annual plan and manage its implementation.
- Planning, budgeting, monitoring and coordination of activities in the Department
- Coordinating and supervising cartographic work including preparation of maps.
- Providing technical input in preparation of training and reference manuals as well as geo spatial data
- Leading in the creation, maintenance of geo databases
- Staff, mentoring, supervision and performance appraisals
Qualifications and attributes
- A first degree in Cartography, Geography/ Geographic information Sciences (GIS)/ Earth Science or equivalent
- A postgraduate GIS qualification is must.
- Have at least 5 years working experience as a statistician.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Must be a good team leader
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications, clearly stating the position they are applying for to:
The Director Human Resource
Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency(ZIMSTAT)
18th Floor, Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY 342 Causeway, Harare
apply on email: email@example.com