Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned post that has arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation
- Conducting repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required
- Assessing the quality of woodwork and materials
- Operating tools, machines, and other equipment
- Ensuring compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations; and
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have at least a Journeyman Class One certificate in Carpentry and Joinery with at least five (5) years’ post qualification.
- In addition, applicants, applicants must have five (5) ordinary level passes including Mathematics and English Language.
How to Apply
To apply, visit careers on the Great Zimbabwe University website: http://elearning.gzu.ac.zw/careers/ Applicants are urged to fill in all the necessary fields on the application platform and attach the required documents.
Deadline: 07 January 2023.