We are seeking a hard-working and reliable Handyman as Carpenter/Plumber in the Section of service Centre. You will participate in a variety of construction projects, following construction plans and instructions from the site supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems.
- Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure.
- Assembling and breaking down barricades, temporary structures, and scaffolding.
- Repair or replace broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Assisting contractors, e.g. electricians and painters, as required.
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated.
- Removing debris, garbage, and dangerous materials from sites.
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g.. fiberglass) according to measurements;
- Locate and repair issues with water supply lines (e.g. leaks).
- Repair domestic appliances (e.g. washing machines) and fixtures (e.g. sinks).
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance.
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
- Preparing construction sites, materials, and tools.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possession of relevant qualifications and Licenses ( Certificate, Diploma and Degree in Construction)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Construction Industry.
- Be a team player.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications. Each set of application must be accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae, giving full particulars including full name; place, date of birth, I.D, birth certificate and copies of academic and professional qualifications, all certified. Applicants must give information on experience, date of availability, telephone numbers, names and addresses of three contactable referees. Applications should be hand delivered to Office No. 113, Administration Building at the University of Zimbabwe or posted to:
DEPUTY REGISTRAR, HUMAN RESOURCES
University of Zimbabwe
P O. Box MP167
NB: The University of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer and therefore men and women are equally encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10 March 2023.