The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of Job:
The Mission is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. Technical Works Department is crucial to the operations function of the Embassy. We expect quality from our staff, but offer unrivalled learning and development opportunities. This jobholder will play key role in the department in carpentry requirements, maintenance needs and department support.
Roles and responsibilities
- Furniture maintenance works and development
- Carpentry designs and fabrication
- Ability to design and weld small ferrous metal structures
- Painting works on a variety of surfaces and textures
- Building maintenance to include roofs, gutters, windows, doors and related structures
- Knowledge in plumbing maintenance.
- An appreciation of electrical maintenance
- Very good knowledge of health and safety at work
- Knowledge in interior wall decorations
- Brick and mortar works
- Health and Safety awareness( Training will be provided to UK/ international standard)
- Being able to adapt and aid other trades in the event of emergencies.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Apprentice trained in carpentry, at least 5 years experience post training
- 5 O’levels including English
- Clean class 4 drivers licence
- Computer literacy
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Health and safety qualifications
- Plumbing/Electrical experience
- Generator experience
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
16 February 2022
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Duration of Post : 36 months
Start Date : 4 April 2022
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Working patterns: Full time. Some flexibility if required in order to accommodate emergency work
- Due to Covid 19 safety precautions, working hours and shifts may be varied
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Harare are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Zimbabwe.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Zimbabwe will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.