Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen within the institution:
Simon Muzenda School Of Arts, Culture And Heritage Studies
3.1 Campus Radio Station Manager (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitating the development of campus radio policy frameworks, for successful implementation of Education 5.0 through the radio station.
- Coordinating radio broadcasting lectures at the radio station in conjunction with the department of English and Media Studies.
- Coordinating Campus Radio programs or activities with the department, schools and the rest of the university community.
- Implementing strategies for making the radio station productive.
- Developing regulations for short courses for radio and TV in conjunction with the Media and Cultural studies section.
- Must ensure that content producers and technical employees comply with broadcasting regulations and other related laws.
- Compile and submit monthly reports and submit to relevant authorities
- Creating an environment conducive to intellectual, talent, research and innovation growth.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor through the Director of the Campus Radio.
Qualifications And Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Applicants must have a Masters Degree in Media/ Journalism plus four (4) years postgraduate experience.
- A PhD in Media or Journalism will be an added advantage.
The successful candidate must:
- have at least three (3) years’ experience in teaching Media or Journalism at tertiary level;
- have a strong professional profile and significant experience;
- show a track record of leadership and innovation in the media industry in Zimbabwe;
- demonstrate knowledge of current broadcasting trends in Zimbabwe and the ability to develop and implement the Campus Radio’s vision;
- demonstrate managerial competence, experience in raising funds and the ability to represent the GZU Campus Radio in multiple forums; and
- demonstrate knowledge on implementation of Education 5.0 at GZU Campus Radio.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applications inclusive of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full details of names, date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees must be emailed to email@example.com as a single PDF file.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235