The National Biotechnology Authority is looking for a Business Development Director. Applications are invited from qualified and experienced persons for this key strategic senior management role.
- In line with the thrust of Government and the parent Ministry, the Business Director will be expected to spearhead the translation of research outputs into products, goods and services
- Monetise research and innovation outputs towards an industrialised economy
- Provide leadership in the establishment and maintenance of biotechnology-based business enterprises across different sectors of the Zimbabwean economy, leading to a vibrant national bioeconomy.
- Identify markets for the products developed by the Authority anchor the Authority with its partners
- Develop business strategies including market models and penetration strategies.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
- Manage sales and marketing to ensure efficient delivery of high quality products
- Work together with other senior managers and the Board to develop business objectives and business development goals.
- Work with the Authority's partners and market products and services developed.
- Establish an approach to business development that will enhance the marketing of goods and services, and enhance the Authority's income generation capacity.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree in qualifications.
- An MBA or Masters in Marketing is essential. Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Business Development Manager or equivalent role preferably from the private sector particularly from an FMCG background or from a pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience at a higher level will be an added advantage
- Proven marketing skills are an essential requirement. Strong communication and presentation skills
- The abililyto think creatively and strategically
- Proven analytical skills.
- Abilityto establish and lead a team in business development.
- Ability to work alone or in teams is critical. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with subordinates, superiors, the board, collaborating partners and government officials is a requirement.
How To Apply
If you believe that you are equipped with relevant skills, attributes and hunger for success, please submit you r applications not later than 31st March 2022 clearly marked "Business Development Director" together with a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of your qualifications to:
Business Administration, Marketing, Business Studies or similar
The Human Resources Manager
National Biotechnology Authority
21 Princess Drive
Or email: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will receive a response. The shortlisted candidates will be expected to bring originals of their certificates for verification on the date of the interview.