Mwenezi Development Training Centre (MDTC) is a community-based organization operating in Mwenezi, Masvingo, Chiredzi, and Beitbridge districts. MDTC implements diversified community development and humanitarian programmes which are funded by various funding partners. MDTC has recently been given an award to implement a one-year USAID funded programme on “Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district of Zimbabwe”.
Project: Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district.
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Duties And Responsibilities
- Site and peg assets such as poultry housing and housing for solar powered incubators.
- Prepare designs for poultry housing and incubator storage rooms, BOQs, Gantt charts, scope of works, NFI procurement plans and monthly milestones and submit to Field Supervisor.
- Provide training and technical support to poultry farmers, Builders and Asset Management Committees (AMCs) on construction, utilization and basic maintenance aspects to enhance sustainability.
- Ensure quality assurance at poultry housing and solar incubator storage rooms.
- Monthly joint projects visits with government technical stakeholders for certification of milestones.
- Participate in registrations and distribution of building materials.
- Ensuring that the motor bike assigned to him/her is kept clean and in a sound condition while undertaking bike checks daily.
- Report incidences programme related to the Field Supervisor within 24 hours of their occurrence.
Qualifications And Experience
- Certificate or Diploma in Building.
- Class 1 journeyman certificate in building.
- Class 3 license a must.
- At least two years relevant experience in working with NGOs in a similar position.
How To Apply
Terms And Conditions
Applications to be sent via e-mail on email@example.com with attached curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and addressed to The Programmes Managing Director.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: MDTC Does Not Charge A Fee At Any Stage Of The Recruitment Process (Application, Shortlisting And Interview).