Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced, self-driven and results oriented individuals, to fill the above-mentioned position that have arisen within Zvimba Rural District Council.
Reporting to: Civil Technician
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates the draw-work during drilling activities and complex maneuvers.
- Assist rig down/rig up operations by coordinating and controlling.
- General drilling rig operation
- Driving truck mounted rig to and from work sites
- Ensure that all reporting routines are followed, and that all equipment related paper works are carried out.
- Fill up a daily drilling report for the activities performed & recording drilling progress.
- Update the pipe tally book and draft dimensioned drawings of the equipment run in the well. 8. Receives instructions for drilling parameters.
- Record geological data encountered during work
- To carry out other general driving and machine operating duties
- Any other tasks assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years' experience operating drilling Rigs/as driller
- Must have a valid drilling related operating certificate
- Aclass 2 driver's license and Defensive Driving Certificate is a must
- The individual must have safety, communication & supervisory skills.
- Must be able to read and write
- No criminal record
- Ability to work in a physical demanding environment
- Ability to lift & carry heavy tools & supplies
- Ability to operate other earth moving equipment is an advantage
How to Apply
Applications which should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Zvimba Rural District Council,
P. Bag 2001,
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 15 December 2022.