With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Locations : Nyanga, Zimbabwe
Duties And Responsibilities
Financial reporting and Management
- Coordinate the budgeting processes into Multiyear and Revised Current Year Budgets and uploading in Horizon.
- Uploading of budgets into sun-systems and ensuring they are in line with approved MyPBAS budget and correctional budget journals as and when there are changes from Support Offices.
- Preparation and submission of financial reports, cover memo, log-frame report, MYPBAS reconciliation in line with the FFM and Support Office requirements on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Analyse all over and under expenditures to enable stakeholders to know the performance of their projects.
- Coordinate the holding of Field Financial Reports (FFR) meetings on a monthly basis and provide management advice in such meetings.
- Prepare and make presentations on Finance and Administration matters in management meetings.
- Financial reviews of payments, financial source documents, Labour Distribution Reports, payroll allocations, Voucher interface transactions, advances and expense reports are compliant with coding system, correct, timely and budgeted for in accordance with Support Office requirements and as per approved budget lines
- Review all AP payment requests for stakeholders and ensure relevant documentation is attached before submission to Head Office for payments and also check whether the budget permits
- Maintenance of monthly petty cash allocation done through the Regional Office and ensure timely reimbursement.
- Petty Cash Custodians and the review of petty cash (cash and vouchers) and ensure compliance to policy before payment.
Supply Chain and Administration
- Coordinate submission of AP Annual Procurement Plans and timely submission of purchase requisitions and make periodic follow ups with Supply Chain Department.
- Analyze procurement requests and develop service contracts/agreements for outsourced services and regularly monitor the performance of service providers
- Oversee the maintenance and tracking of the organization’s assets
- Prepare disposal approvals and ensure assets disposal procedures are adhered to in line with World Vision policies and procedures.
- Ensure legal compliance of the AP with respect to registration, insurance, licenses and other relevant statutory requirements
- Design and implement systems in fleet management, logistics management, safety and security of the AP office.
- Lead the implementation of AP’s procurement policy and plans, and account for all procurement processes and outputs.
- Review, monitor and ensure AP liquid fuel records are in order and ensure fuel is properly is utilized well and reconciled monthly
- Keep vehicles, motorbikes and generators fuel cards properly secured under lock and key after usage.
- Prepare monthly fuel reconciliation and monitor its usage and report anomalies. Check and Ensure stakeholder fuels have proper documentation and accounted for
- Check all logbooks on a weekly basis as and when fuels are requested.
- Conduct quarterly stock and asset counts for the APs. Prepare bi-annual asset reconciliation for the APs.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A degree in Accounting/ Finance
- A professional qualification would be an added advantage CIS, CIMA, ACCA
- At least (3) Three years working experience
- Excellent Computer literacy and knowledge of Accounting Packages i.e. Sun systems, Vision Excel
- High analytical, technical, and conceptual skills
- High report writing skills
- NGO Experience will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of country laws, grant regulations, and Support Office regulations
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Highly responsive
- Ability to learn and adapt to new concepts and technologies