An exciting opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified, passionate, and self-driven individuals in a leading diversified conglomerate for the position of Bird Keeper/Feeder. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving business performance by taking proper care of a diverse collection of Birds within the Bird sanctuary. The successful candidate will also be responsible for feeding and watering birds, cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining exhibits and public areas, observing animals for illness, injury, and abnormal behaviour.
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of animal diets; feeding and watering animals according to a predetermined schedule, ensuring that birds are fed on the right diets and in appropriate quantities.
- Cleaning, disinfection, and maintenance of animal exhibits, holding areas, and bird park grounds.
- Work without close supervision. Exercise sound judgment in analyzing emergency health and safety situations. Follow all safety and SOP guidelines and policies during general duties as well as emergencies.
- Capture and restraint of animals (with an avian focus) when necessary for treatment, general husbandry, or shipment.
- Assist in the treatment of sick or injured animals as directed by veterinary staff or Bird Park Manager.
- Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Bird Park Manager, manage and participate in the planning, operation, decision making, and day-to-day activities of the Bird Section.
- Conduct daily routine walks to check the condition of the birds, aviaries buildings, and grounds.
- Assist with all minor maintenance tasks are completed within the buildings e.g. door handles, shelves, painting, tiling, carpeting, leaks, putting up blinds in the bird sanctuary.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Bird Park Manager from time to time.
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal person must possess the following;
- At least 4 years of experience working in a similar position in a Wildlife/Bird Park or Diploma in Wildlife Management/Biological Sciences
How To Apply
Candidates who possess the qualifications and experience should send their detailed CVs to email@example.com with the title Bird Keeper /Feeder in the subject line no later than Monday 05 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted